- You're using macOS 10.14 or below. macOS Catalina has no 32 bit support.
- This article applies to Waves v8 or below. Waves v9 or newer already supports 64-bit.
- For Cubase users: VST is only supported on Cubase 8.5 or below.
- Waves v8 or older uses InterLok (aka iLok) Legacy. make sure it's installed and you've `Allow`ed it to install properly.
With newer macOS versions, Waves legacy installer will fail to copy the WaveShell's causing an empty file.
You should copy them manually from /Applications/Waves/Waveshells to the proper plug-in format:
/Applications/Waves/Waveshells/WaveShell-VST 8.0.vst should be copied to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
For Audio Unit:
/Applications/Waves/Waveshells/WaveShell-AU 8.0.component should be copied to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
* It might also be useful to re-run Waves AU Reg Utility to make sure AUs are properly registered.
Once they're copied the WaveShell-AU's should show up on 32 Lives.